N. St. Louis county.

I walked the gravel road for a mile to get to the back levee.
Looking back toward the entry road and fenced pump/platform,
the FWDU were viewable:(9 o'clock in pic)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/CBCA6-18c.jpg
Seeing the ducks standing their long goose-like legs were a treat:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/CBCA6-18e.jpg
They can be less conspicuous when in the weeds:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/CBCA6-18b.jpg

On the way out I ran into some folks willing to walk the fulvous mile.
The Larry Beeson's just back from birding in Colorado:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/larrybeeson.jpg
Dave Heanni and Teresa wanted some exercise:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/daveheanni.jpg
I hope they got good looks:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/CBCA6-18d.jpg

Bill Rudden