A visiting birder from out of state would like to hear (he would really like
to see) Whip-poor-will and Chuck-wills-widow. He is staying at 112th and
Wornell in Kansas City. It does not matter to him whether the birds are in
Missouri or in Kansas. It has been a while since I have heard both species
on the same trip, and they may have moved. Can anyone direct us to such a
spot in the greater Kansas City area?

Places where I have heard both in the past include Schell Osage CA and
around Marais des Cygnes WMA in Kansas (particularly La Cyge park).  Does
anyone know if those locations are still a sure bet? How about something
closer?

I saw that Whip-poor-will was recorded at Minor Park the other day. Would a
slow drive along Blue River Road at dusk at leaset produce Whip-poor-will?
How about Chuck?

Thanks.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri