I took a mid-afternoon walk on the bottomland trail at Clydesdale Park in
St. Louis County today. It was about what I expected for 2pm (low
diversity...~25 species), but an entertaining walk nonetheless. I heard/saw
at least five NORTHERN PARULAS, more BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS than I've ever
seen in my life and a couple ACADIAN FLYCATCHERS. A few EASTERN WOOD-PEWEES
and BALTIMORE ORIOLES were singing sporadically.

One of the more interesting sightings was a CAROLINA WREN dutifully feeding
a young BROWN-HEADED COWBIRD. The cowbird was doing a good job making a very
wren-like chatter while the "parent" was off foraging. In non-bird sightings
there were a pair of (what I think were) BLACK RAT SNAKES....one about 4 ft.
in length, the other more like 2 1/2 ft.

Good birding,
Ryan

--
Ryan Douglas