Yesterday morning I was driving past the airport in Fort Leonard Wood when I saw a female SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER.

I did my first practice surveys along the Big Piney in the fort, where American Redstarts were abundant, and other warblers were present in good numbers and diversity: Blue-winged, Black-and-white, Yellow-throated, Kentucky, and Prothonotary Warblers, Northern Parula, Ovenbird, Louisiana Waterthrush, and Yellow-breasted Chat.  I also thought I had a Worm-eating Warbler at the start.  There are several of these in and around the town of Devil's Elbow.

Abby Darrah
Pulaski County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/