I had a brief glimpse of one of the Least Terns as it flew by this morning at Horseshoe Lake so they are still present.  The Broad-tailed Hummingbird was still coming to the feeder about every 45 minutes at 3:15 this afternoon.

David Becher

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:32:52 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: B-N Stilts Columbia Bottom 6-14
To: [log in to unmask]

Jean Cook and I could not repeat Thursday's sightings of the C Moorhens or the Least Terns at Horseshoe Lake IL SP this morning, but had better luck in Missouri at Columbia Bottom, northeast St Louis County.  Jean spotted one, then a second and possibly a third B-N Stilt in the water near the corn stubble of Pool 2.  Also present were many Great Egrets and Little Blue Herons, at least one Snowy Egret and a few Cattle Egrets...one still in high breeding plumage.  There were also at least a few Blue-winged Teal.

Someone please salt the Broad Tail of that hummer in Farmington for tomorrow. ...and has anyone seen the Black Vultures near Ste Genevieve lately?.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County