Hello Mobirders:
     I have a chance to speak to a state legislator in Illinois about environmental concerns re turbines used to generate wind power. This guy is interested in birds and likes to talk to me about them. I know I've heard and read that these wind turbines kill a lot of birds. Obviously, he's not looking for real scientific data from me, but I just kinda want to pass along to him what the current state-of-the-art research says about this issue. Can anyone point me to a reliable source of info that's balanced and not overly technical? Thanks in advance for any input.
--Steve Whitworth, assistant city editor, The Telegraph, Alton, Ill.