Hi Mobirders,

We just returned from a successful 5-day float trip down the Current River.  We only went from Pulltite to Two Rivers because we were doing bird surveys each morning, but we enjoyed many good birds along the way.  This area provides some great June birding!  The complete list follows (and some additional species seen not on the float trip):

Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (juvenile) - 1
Wood Duck
Turkey Vulture
Red-tailed Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Am. Kestrel (en route)
Mourning Dove
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Black-billed Cuckoo
Barred Owl - 1
Whip-poor-will - 1
Chuck-will's-widow - 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Chimney Swift
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
N. Flicker
E. Wood-Pewee
Willow Flycatcher - 1 seen and heard
Acadian Flycatcher
E. Phoebe
Great Crested Flycatcher - 2
E. Kingbird
W. Kingbird
Red-eyed Vireo
White-eyed Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Blue Jay
Am. Crow
Fish Crow
Barn Swallow
N. Rough-winged Swallow
Purple Martin
C. Chickadee
T. Titmouse
C. Wren
B. Wren
Wood Thrush
Brown Thrasher
N. Parula
Blue-winged Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
Pine Warbler
Hooded Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Am. Redstart
C. Yellowthroat
Kentucky Warbler
L. Waterthrush
Ovenbird
Yellow-breasted Chat
Summer Tanager
N. Cardinal
I. Bunting
E. Towhee
Baltimore Oriole
Red-winged Balckbird
C. Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
Am. Goldfinch

Jennifer Reidy and Randy Cartwright
Liberty, MO

other birds seen in area last week by me include:
**Golden-winged Warbler - heard only 6/6/08 in appropriate habitat, also had BW warbler singing here
Prairie Warbler
Worm-eating Warbler
Field Sparrow
Chipping Sparrow
Am. Robin
meadowlark sp.

I am interested in hearing from others regarding the Golden-winged Warbler observation.  I tried to visually locate it, but the bird was singing from 80+ m into a marshy, cleared area.  The song was definitely Golden-winged - potentially this area should be surveyed in the future for breeding Golden-wingeds.

Jennifer