Research supposedly supports the preference of mocker females for males with a wide repertoire.  Perhaps choosing a good mimic means she chooses a male who is mature, experienced, and intelligent, and mating with him gives her preferences genetic advantage, as well as giving his mimicry ability a genetic advantage.  I hope I'm not butchering an explanation of heritability of sexual attractiveness.   Perhaps a scientist on the list will help out.

June Newman,
Carroll County