MoBirds,

  I forgot to add 2 Upland Sandpipers to the list.

  Jim Zellmer

Jim Zellmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 10:47:55 -0700
From: Jim Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: BAS Field Trip 6-7-08
To: [log in to unmask]

  Mobirders,

  Yesterday June 7, 2008, ten people met and attended the Burrough's Audubon Society field trip to the Dunn Ranch/Pawnee Prairie. It was a beautiful day, and one could not of asked for better birding. With a species total of 60 birds, all target birds were found and 7 of the members got life birds with the Black-billed Cuckoo, and the Bobolink. Listed below are some of the high lights of the species we saw.

  Black-billed Cuckoo
  Bobolink
  Grasshopper Sparrow
  Henslow's Sparrow - heard
  Song Sparrow
  Field Sparrow
  Lark Sparrow
  Greater Prairie Chicken
  Ring-necked Pheasant
  Northern Harrier
  Willow Flycatcher - vocalizing
  Great Crested Flycatcher
  Orchard Oriole
  Baltimore Oriole
  Cedar Waxwing
  Bell's Vireo
  Warbling Vireo
  Yellow-throated Vireo
  Barn Swallow
  Cliff Swallow
  Northern Rough-winged Swallow
  Purple Martin

  And of course we had all of the usual suspects that one would normally see being out in the country. I want to say thanks on behalf of Ellen and myself to all that took time to come and join us on this absolutely wonderful trip. We look forward to seeing everyone next year when we will do it all over again.

  Jim & Ellen Zellmer
  Blue Springs, MO
  816-228-3955