Mobirders,

Yesterday June 7, 2008, ten people met and attended the Burrough's Audubon Society field trip to the Dunn Ranch/Pawnee Prairie. It was a beautiful day, and one could not of asked for better birding. With a species total of 60 birds, all target birds were found and 7 of the members got life birds with the Black-billed Cuckoo, and the Bobolink. Listed below are some of the high lights of the species we saw.

Black-billed Cuckoo
Bobolink
Grasshopper Sparrow
Henslow's Sparrow - heard
Song Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Greater Prairie Chicken
Ring-necked Pheasant
Northern Harrier
Willow Flycatcher - vocalizing
Great Crested Flycatcher
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
Cedar Waxwing
Bell's Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Barn Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Purple Martin

And of course we had all of the usual suspects that one would normally see being out in the country. I want to say thanks on behalf of Ellen and myself to all that took time to come and join us on this absolutely wonderful trip. We look forward to seeing everyone next year when we will do it all over again.

Jim & Ellen Zellmer
Blue Springs, MO
816-228-3955