I took Stella, the dog, out to TRW this am. Lots more water from the flooding river. Much of the dirt road was under water, and the nice cattail patch that was starting to look really good again was mostly submerged. Saw 4 Great Egrets, a few Great Blue Herons, a Green Heron, and an adult Little Blue Heron - rare in these parts. Heard a Pied-billed Grebe calling, saw Canada Geese, two female Hooded Mergansers, a few Mallards including brood of seven little ones, and a male Northern Shoveler. Probably other stuff in areas I couldn't get close enough to see. May need to take boat out there. Stella jumped up a Fawn off the levee whose loud bleat startled both of us!

Later, Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe