South St. Louis county;

Things slow down in June.
This high domed old E. box turtle with a fresh lawn mower scar, sets the pace:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/scarredebox.jpg

Boy if you can tell what these silhouette flying birds are your good:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/strangesilhouette.jpg

Here is a better pic of the front bird:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/jbgreen1.jpg
Yep, it's a green heron being chased by a grackle:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/jbgreen2.jpg

I ran into the kites again.  The pair was breaking off nesting material:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/jbkite1.jpg
This on Sherman Dr.  just east of Telegraph. (a few houses e. of Walgreen's)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/jbkite2.jpg

I'm also trying to find  a nest for this our rarest swallow:
Well until somebody finds a Cave Swallow:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/jbtree.jpg

Bill Rudden
St. Louis
ASM Fall Meeting: Sept. 26-28, 2008 at Osage Beach, MO