Other than the usual residents through the park, large numbers of Black-
crowned Night Herons seem to be all over the Steinberg and Deer Lake area. A
few Yellow-crowned are mixing in with them. We have also been seeing Little
Blue Herons along the river system. Cedar Waxwings are also throughout the
park, I don’t remember seeing them with regularity after migration, any
thoughts on that? Orchard and Baltimore Orioles in The Deer Lake area, and
Great Crested Flycatchers just about everywhere.

Chris Ferree
Nature Reserve Tech
Forest Park Forever
St. Louis, MO