A Mississippi Kite continues at Prairie Point Elementary School (Park Hill School
District, Platte County). I watched the adult MIKI this evening from 6:20-6:50
p.m. I swung by at 6:55 a.m., 5:30 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. today and did not see
it. Both last night and tonight I observed it in the 6:00 p.m. hour.

I watched the kite catch a bug and eat it while in flight. Cool silhouette
against sky. Heard it vocalize while in flight. It also perched atop the first
dead tree near the wooden fence across from the front of the school. The
bird, again tonight, flew back over the trees that are across from the school.

Good summer birding!
Laura Gilchrist
Kansas City, MO
Platte County