Report for Sat Jun 7 2008

Hi MOBirders:

I enjoyed a nice, full day of birding, starting out by running my BBS
routes at Busch CA (St. Charles County).  Highlights included BELL'S
VIREO and BLUE GROSBEAK at lake 30, plus WORM-EATING WARBLER and SEDGE
WREN along road B.  The warbler was very nice; singing right next to the
road.

At Riverlands MBS (St. Charles County), saw 1 LITTLE BLUE HERON and 1
LESSER SCAUP along with the RUDDY DUCKs and BLUE-WINGED TEAL, plus 1
WILLOW FLYCATCHER.

It seems like Eastern Phoebes are scarce, but maybe that's just me.

Here are a few photos, most from Saturday, plus a special bonus quiz
photo.  Experiment with different sizes, espeically "original," for
biggest effect.

Western Kingbird, previously reported (St. Louis County).
http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/4715607_wwBa7#309321519_ir2Yx

Cliff Swallows at Riverlands MBS.  The bird in foreground-right is
captured at the moment of touchdown.
http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/4715607_wwBa7#309321959_eBdwV

Cliff Swallows at Riverlands MBS.  The two birds in foreground-center
are apparently copulating.
http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/4715607_wwBa7#309322468_DUjeR

This is a nice Cliff Swallow.
http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/4715607_wwBa7#309322727_3NYJX

And the special bonus quiz photo.  It's not the Palace of Thor, but a
scene that local birders know, or at least pass by frequently.  The
first birder to guess the correct location wins a lifetime guarantee.
http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/4715607_wwBa7#309321389_W4hPj

Mike Thelen
St. Louis County, MO