This evening I took my bike down to Wetland Units #1 and #4 near McBaine.  I
don't recall any of my Columbia buddies reporting Moorhens this year so
wanted to check it out.  Perche Creek is out of its banks, but roads are
passable.  part of MKT is closed, but you are diverted up onto the Wetland
#4 for access.

I did hear a distant Moorhen in Wetland #4, but it was never visible.
Thought I heard one just doing the single clucking note in Wetland #1, again
not visible.  Virginia Rails were calling in several locations at both
Units, and heard a Sora at #4.  Marsh Wrens calling in several locations
also.  A Great Horned Owl called relatively close near the entrance to #4,
coming from #1.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO

Checked by AVG.