Stopped by Little Prairie Lake around 5:30 this evening (I always find the best birds in the worse weather) and to my surprise there was a Least Tern standing in the middle of the North Parking area. (Asphalt covered in pea size white gravel, which will pass for a sand/gravel bar in the a pinch) With all the flooding going on my guess is the parking lot looked pretty good to this little guy.

Full report on CACHE.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO