Yes, although there are a few breeding records for the species in Missouri. If you ever have questions about the status of a species in a given season, take a look at the Annotated Checklist for Missouri at: http://www.mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp

On the list, note that Pine Siskin is listed as a rare summer visitant (non-breeder) and casual summer resident (breeder). Breeding birds would require documentation.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau