The end of May brings the close of the spring season (March 1 - May
31). Please take some time to sort through your sightings for this
period and send me your Spring Seasonal Report before June 10. Contact
information is listed at the end of this e-mail.

Your seasonal report should include significant sightings during the
period. Examples of "significant sightings" include:

-- any species listed as "rare", "casual", or "accidental" on the
Annotated Checklist of Missouri Birds <http://mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp
 >;

-- early or late dates;

-- high counts or unusually low counts (also include a note if a
species usually present in your area during this period appeared to be
completely absent or unusually abundant).

Information about weather events in your area will also help me paint
a better picture of the spring migration across the state.

PREFERRED FORMAT -- An Excel document with the following data: 1)
Species (sorted in checklist order, please); 2) Number observed; 3)
Date; 4) Location (include COUNTY, please); 5) Reason sighting is
being included; and 5) Additional Notes (such as age/sex, notes about
how you arrived at a particularly difficult identification, and
whether you submitted documentation for casual or accidental species)

If you would like a sample Excel document to get you started, please
let me know.

PHOTOS -- Submission of photos showing your significant sightings
through the season is encouraged. High-resolution images can be e-
mailed in JPEG, TIFF, or PSD format.

The data you provide is used to produce the regional report published
in the American Birding Association's "journal of record for birders,"
North American Birds; and a summary sightings is also published in the
ASM's quarterly publication, The Bluebird.

PLEASE REMEMBER -- Your sightings must be submitted directly to me in
order to be considered for inclusion in the final seasonal report.
Sightings posted only to MOBIRDS-L will not be included in the report.

Please send your sightings to me at one of the addresses below before
Tuesday, June 10.

Kristi Mayo
Spring Seasonal Report Editor

e-mail: