Thank you for pointing this out, Bob.  I get a LOT of questions about our
bubbler and soon I will be adding even more information and photos to this
link.  I do not have photos of the TGP bubbler, and have contacted Jim
Rathert on this.  If anyone does, please let me know, too. As Bob states,
the water is piped through the rock and bubbles or pours over it, but does
not recirculate.  It just flows into gravel at the base and then outward
into moisture loving vegetation.  For a park setting, a pond with a bubbler
such as ours would need maintenance weekly or biweekly, specifically
cleaning the filter and adding Microbe-Lift P/L to control algae. In the
interest of water conservation, the TGP setup is probably not the best.

There are other options for people to check out by using a search engine and
putting in:  "pondless waterfalls". These do recirculate and have a
reservoir for the water that is concealed under rock.  They can also be put
on a timer and run only during the day.  They do require electricity for the
pump and timer, as well as a water source for refilling. These are really a
fancier version of the Roth model listed below. One might also search: "bird
creek" or "bird basin" and come up with other ideas.

There are many good bubbler or bird creek examples out there.  If MOBIRDERS
would like to contribute information on their setup and photos, please let
me know.  There is definitely a growing interest in adding water features
that attract birds to our yards and small parks and I would like to
coordinate these examples for Patrick to add to the MOBIRDS site.

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis Co, MO