Hello Missouri Birders,

Highlights from Columbia Bottoms (St. Louis Co.) this morning included 10 Black-necked Stilts, which I saw along the gravel road that begins on the right, just after passing through the main gate of the area.  The stilts were in the flooded field on the right after you pass the equipment shed.  I also saw 2 Eurasian Tree Sparrows: one perched on a gate near the pond and one on a gate near the entrance.  I had a Grasshopper Sparrow near where the same gravel road exits on the main paved road.  I saw several pairs of Blue-winged Teal.  The River's Edge Trail produced a few Bank Swallows.

At Riverlands M.B.S. (St. Charles Co.) I saw one American Bittern along Wise Road where it dips down from the Teal Pond Parking lot.  I heard it vocalize briefly and then watched as it stretched out its neck with its bill pointed up.

Good birding,

Pat Myers
St. Louis Co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/