Drove to Denver Colorado via Waconda Lake in Kansas, then down to Taos, NM via the Monte Vista NWR before heading back home on Rt 54 thru Kansas. If I saw one White faced Ibis I must of seen thirty, along with American Avocet, Wilson Phalarope and a hand full of Long billed Curlew, roadside birding in wet fields and along shallow inlets was fantastic. Cinnamon Teal by the hundreds, a few Burrowing Owl in vacated Prairie Dog burrows, Roadrunners and Scissor tail Flycatchers for sure. Common Nighthawk were cruising at high noon while the Swainson's Hawk ruled the high plains sky. Great time for a road trip out west.

Bird on!
Mike Doyen
Rolla, Mo