What about posting to E-Birds? Wow, I think this is my last post for the day. I apologize for talking too much.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Heather Clenin
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 10:00 PM
  Subject: Squaw Creek - Full list

  Oops, I guess I can't enter the data on mobirds.  It's only for state parks and conservation areas, correct?

  Well, just in case anyone would like it, here is my full list**

  Eastern Kingbird (14)
  Robin (11)
  Bluebird (5)
  Orchard Oriole (25)*
  Chipping Sparrow (5)
  Cardinal (8)
  Brown Thrasher (6)
  Mourning Dove (4)
  Red-wing Blackbird
  Canada Goose (46 + goslings and downy babies)
  Barn Swallow
  Goldfinch (14)
  Turkey Vulture (5)
  Lark Sparrow (4)
  Tree Swallow
  Indigo Bunting (17)*
  Yellow-billed Cuckoo (1)
  Blue-winged Teal (6)
  Coot (66)*
  Red-headed Woodpecker (5)
  Bank Swallow
  Cliff Swallow
  Yellow-rumped Warbler (1)
  Yellow Warbler (6) - best views I've ever had
  Great Blue Heron (7)
  Catbird (3)
  Baltimore Oriole (8)*
  Northern Flicker (7)
  White Pelican (4)
  Great-tailed Grackle (1)
  Yellow-headed Blackbird (4)
  Cooper's Hawk (1)
  Snow Goose (30 + 1 juvenile)
  Dickcissel (3)*
  Semi-palmated Plover (1)
  Killdeer (5)
  Wood Thrush (heard several)*
  Eastern Wood Pee-wee (heard several)*
  Starling (3)
  Mallard (5)
  Bald Eagle (2)
  Pie-billed Grebe (6)
  Blue Jay (1)
  Ring-necked Duck (1,f)
  Ruddy Duck (1,f)
  Brown-headed Cowbird (8)
  Wood Duck (2 + 10 downy babies in a perfect row)
  Rose-breasted Grosbeak (
  Great Egrets (10)
  Black Terns (30+)*
  Greater White-fronted Goose (2)
  Shoveler (3)
  Dunlin (4)
  House Wren (2)
  Swainson's Thrush (1)
  Spotted Sandpiper (1)

  *numbers are probably underestimated, after while I just lose interest in counting
  **all birds were seen along the auto loop...or near the restrooms

  ***also saw a Western Kingbird at 71 to I-29 intersection