All birders are invited to join St. Louis Audubon at the Shaw Nature Reserve on Wednesday, May 21 at 7 am  (PLEASE NOTE EARLIER STARTING TIME) for a day of birding.

MEETING PLACE:  We will meet at the Visitor's Center at the entrance to Shaw Nature Preserve.  Directions:  Take Hwy 44 west to the Gray Summit exit (Hwy 100).  Go left on Hwy 100, back over the highway, and turn right.  The entrance to Shaw is immediately on your left.  There is an entrance fee of $3 if you are not a member of the Missouri Botanical Garden.

MEETING TIME:  7 am till around 2 pm

ITINERARY:   We will search for late migrant warblers, flycatchers, and hopefully have good looks at our Summer nesting residents.   We will again try to get a good look at Henslow's Sparrows.  There is a nice mixture of habitats at Shaw which should result in a good variety of species seen.  Bring your lunch if you would like to picnic after we finish birding.  We will probably be finished around 2 pm.

CONDITIONS:  There will be a fair amount of walking on paths that are generally in good condition.  Hopefully, it will be dryer than if has been so far this season.  Wear comfortable shoes and bring your water.

LEADER:  Pat Lueders, substituting for John Solodar.

Pat Lueders, St. Louis Audubon

ASM Fall Meeting: Sept. 25-27, 2008 at Osage Beach, MO