Dear MoBirders,

I went to work this morning to a Columbia Business' Rooftop where I knew that
COMMON NIGHTHAWKS have "Nested" in the past (Two Years ago and before
to be exact...), so I brought my Camera, Just In Case!!! When I arrived I
didn't see the Nighthawk in any of it's previous "Nesting" Areas, so I figured
that it wasn't going to be here again this year... So I went to work (Changing
Heating/Air Conditioning Filters...) and just forgot about the Nighthawk...
Then, about an Hour after I started (this Building has a Lot of HVAC Units!!!),
I jumped up onto another level of the Building to continue on, when all of the
sudden the COMMON NIGHTHAWK Flew up and was Fluttering all around!!! I
was Obviously a little Too Close to her "Nest"!!! So then I took-off to get my
Camera and spent the next Half-Hour or so taking Photos of Her as well as a
few of her Two Egg "Nest"!!! I think the Photos may be Interesting to some of
you, as I took several of Her Trying To Lure Me Away From Her "Nest"...!!! All
the Photos were Taken from 15'-20' Away (this is the Closest that my 400mm
Lens will take Photos...), so I was trying Not to Disturb her as much as
possible... For those of you who would like to See the Photos, Please Check
them out at:  -  [log in to unmask]  -  Then go down to my NIGHTHAWKS
& NIGHTJARS Gallery... I Hope that you will Enjoy Viewing them as Much as I
Enjoyed Shooting them!!! Please let me know what you Think... Thank You,
Please Take Care.

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Boonville, Cooper County