Columbia Audubon Society field trip Saturday, May 17
Note:  This is not the same as the Columbia Bottom Birding Trip

Leaders: Bill Clark, Edge Wade

Destination: Prairie Home Conservation Area, Moniteau Co.
This conservation area has a couple of small impoundments (those
things Missourians euphemistically call "lakes,"
some creek bottom woods, upland fields--just a very good mix of
habitats, with a road traversing it.

We'll be looking for spring migrants--warblers, vireos, thrushes,
grosbeaks, warblers, and anything else that pops into view.

Bill will stick close to the car; Edge will lead occasional forays
into the vast unknown.

We will leave from the northeast corner of Patricia's Supermarket
parking lot at Keene St. and I-70 Drive Southeast (the outer road on
the south side of I-70 just east of US 63 intersection).

Departure is 7:30 a.m.

We plan to lunch at a cafe (probably in Prairie Home)

We may stop at another area if time permits.

Return to Columbia between 2 and 3 p.m.

Anyone living west of Columbia who would like to meet up with us can
wait at I-70 exit 106 (MO 87).  We should be there about 8:00-8:10.
Call Edge at 573-268-3714 to let us know to expect you.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO