We had a great count for the North American Migration Count in 2008.  Sorry
it took me so long to get the compiling completed and this e-mail out.
We had a record number of species (137) and the second highest number of
birds seen (3,500).

We had several 'firsts' for the Phelps County Spring Migration Count this
year:
Bald Eagle (1)
Virginia Rail (4!)
Sora (2)
Western Flycatcher (recorded on one count previously)
Red-breasted Nuthatch (1-feeder bird... interestingly, it has not been seen
since that day!)

It was a record high count for:
Canada Goose
Broad-winged Hawk
Pileated Woodpecker
Tufted Titmouse
Swainson's Thrush
White-crowned Sparrow

And then there were the Warblers:  we had 34 species of warblers and 583
individuals.  Only 36 species are really likely in our county (we missed
Golden-winged and Cerulean), so we had a nearly perfect day.
We had record high counts for these warblers:
Oranged-crowned
Yellow
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Cape May
Black-throated Green
Palm
Blackpoll
American Redstart
Northern Waterthrush
Mourning
Common Yellowthroat
Hooded
Wilson's
Canada
What did we miss?
Yellow-billed Cuckoos?  I haven't heard one yet this year.
Grasshopper Sparrows?  again, we didn't record any.
Where were the Yellow-crowned Night Herons?  They were at Meramec Springs
Park before the count and after, but not on count day.
Have Eurasian Collared-Doves disappeared from our county after making their
appearance in the previous few years?
The stormy evening weather grounded the Common Nighthawks (the first count
in at least 14 years that we haven't recorded any).
And finally, where were the Mockingbirds?  we didn't have any on count day.

(I had a wonderful day!!)

You can see the entire list on the mobirds web page at:

http://mobirds.org/NAMC/NAMCResults.asp?year=2008&count=414

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/