This morning I got good looks at a male Hooded Warbler at Pershing State Park. I heard another HOWA from farther down the boardwalk. Heard and saw a couple of Fish Crows flying around over the parking area by the bridge. Had a good variety of other Warblers with good looks at Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Kentucky, Prothonotary, Black& White, Nashville, Redstart,YB Chat, Yellow. Saw a Yellow-throated in top of same tree next to a N. Parula - was amazed at the difference in size - looked like YTWA could have had little NOPA for lunch!
  Many Common Yellowthroats all over and still quite a few Northern Waterthrush. Missed Blue-headed Vireo, but had all the others. Many Swainson's Thrush along the boardwalk and other places as well. Many Pewees and Acadian Flycatchers calling now, and lots of Gnats and Mosquitos for them to eat! Also saw/heard Red-shouldered Hawks, Pileated Woodpeckers, Wood Thrush, and other usuals.

  Saw 5 Caspian Terns, 16 Black Terns, and 1 Franklin's Gull in nearby wetland and flooded cropfield.

  Later, Steve Kinder
  Chillicothe, Livingston Co

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]