Spent a little over an hour this evening driving through Eagle Bluffs.  The
majority of shorebirds were in the mudflats in the distribution channel just
downstream from the first crossover levee and upstream from the stand of
willows.  Nothing new - still contained Pecs, Yellowlegs, Baird's,
White-rumped, Least sandpipers, phalaropes, and a few dowitchers.
Shorebirds were sprinkled around in various areas.  Semi-palmated plovers
remained in Pool 10, but not the large numbers from yesterday.  Didn't make
it back to Sapp Tract.

Had a FOY Green Heron in Pool 10 and was delighted by both a Sora and a
Virginia Rail eating in the open in the pool that borders the parking lot
with the bathroom.  Very close views - the Virginia Rail apparently didn't
notice my car pull up for about 15 seconds, then when it did notice, made a
sprint for the cattails.  I just stayed in the car and waited,  within five
minutes the Sora was back in full view and the rail was slowly peeking out
of the cattails.  Beautiful colors on that bird.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO

Checked by AVG.
5:24 PM

ASM Spring Meeting ... May 2, 3, & 4, 2008 at Chillicothe, MO