Today a lot of birds were singing. Seems the weather makes a big difference
because we had sunshine and no wind. Weston Bend had a multitude of singing
Indigo Buntings, Carolina Wrens, and Vireos. The Vireos singing were what I
appreciated because of the opportunity to compare their songs. Peg Jones and
I heard and saw Red-eyed, Blue-headed, Yellow-throated, and at least 5
Philadelphia, and just hear Warbling Vireo. The Hooded Warbler at the
overlook was singing over and over around 8:30 am. A Chestnut-sided Warbler,
Kentucky, and Redstarts were vocal, plus 1 Acadian Flycatcher, and Louisiana
Waterthrush. Our morning visit will be posted to Sparks.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.