Thank you, Nick.  It is good to have more information on the insect data. We
have several large white oaks here and around the neighborhood and that is
where the warblers seem to feed first, high in the canopy. On the rainy
weather note, there is an article in today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch
confirming that this is the "wettest start to any year on record in St.
Louis."  We've had over 22.3 inches since the first of January. However, the
last few years we have only gotten 80% of our normal rainfall.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/7279FF974A6DCE6686257449001DAC30?OpenDocument

I'm sure the folks to the south have had even more than that! Well, I am
still waiting for a mini-fallout here. Mike Doyen mentioned that Indigo
Buntings were pretty quiet. I actually had several here that were very vocal
yesterday.  I waited 2 hours for one to come to the bubbler and had just
given up and walked over to some plants I need to get in.  Dang, if I didn't
look up and there he was at the bubbler, and I was away from the camera.
One also went to the new pond a bit later, for sp. #37 there.

I guess every spring is different and that is what keeps me interested!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis Co. MO