While eating breakfast at the dining lodge at Thousand Hills State Park
in Adair Co. this morning with some family members that were in town, I
noticed that there were a very good number of terns on the lake.  It
wouldn't have been that impressive for someone used to RMBS or Squaw
Creek, but seeing dozens of terns in on one medium-sized lake in Adair
co (when I had gone 3.5 years seeing 0 terns in my home
county--definitely my biggest "hole" on my county list) was pretty neat.

Of course I didn't bring my birding gear, but I was itching to get out
there this afternoon once I had some free time.  Most of the terns
(50+) where still there when I arrived around 2:30.  Most were
Forster's Terns, but there were at least 2 Common Terns and there were
4 Caspian Terns near the swimming beach.

I poked around in the woods and found 2 Golden-winged Warblers among
the swarms of Tennessee Warblers.  At the pine grove near the
petroglyphs I was treated to fantastic looks of a singing male PINE
WARBLER. Full data will be on SPARKS later.

Phil Wire
Kirksville, Adair co.

Phil Wire
Truman State University