Greetings!

Today was filled with overshadowing, I was hoping this evening/night would prove to be different. It wasn't. As I came home, I was literally praying not to find the Black Rail dead on the side of the hwy. That kind of day!

From 9-10:30 pm, NO rail called. I feel that the rail is still present; although, I digress in that I'm no rail expert. Just going off a feeling.

There are several conditions present that may be keeping it quite. There is currently a light rain falling from a heavily overcast sky with East winds at 5-10 mph. There is an industrial plant to the East of the property about a mile away. Couple that with the cloudy sky, and thelight pollution is pretty bright, as well as the noise pollution seem to bounce from the cloudy sky down on the field.

I plan on checking on the field once more before going off to bed, and then I'll try to check thoughout the night and update in the a.m.

In the mean time, Good Birding!Chris Barrigarhttp://community.webshots.com/user/photosbychris

Get Free (PRODUCT) REDô  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.
Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]