The Black-throated blue was seen at about that time, but only briefly. Jack Cowan later had a brief glimpse of it in the same area. I searched for much of the next hour and a half and when I left the park around 10:20 a.m. it had still not been refound by anyone.

However, a blackburnian wabrler and Cape May warblers were also being seen in the park. Mostly in the area toward the restrooms. A veery was seen on the west end of the path out of the Gaddy Bird Garden.

Other speciess included magnolia wabrler, summer tanager, baltimore oriole, American redstart, black-and-white warbler, chestnut-sided warbler, Kentucky wabrler, common yellowthroat, Northern waterthrush, ovenbird, red-eyed vireo, white-eyed vireo, blue-headed vireo.

Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.

> Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:47:25 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: B-T BLUE TGP> To: [log in to unmask]> > About a fourth hand report so details are missing.> > BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER at Tower Grove Park, South St. Louis City seen > at 8:45 AM.> I am assuming Gaddy Bird Garden.> I am assuming a male.> > Charlene Malone> St. Louis co.> > ------------------------------------------------------------> The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum> Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:> mailto:[log in to unmask]
Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_052008