Tonight (5/4/08), the Black Rails are still present in the field across the road from our house. There are definitely two present (possibly more) but two for sure. One can be heard calling from about 1/2 mile away while the second one is closer to the neighbors house and calls tentatively but did respond to the Black Rail recording (played sparingly).

I was able to get a faint recording of both calling by using my point & shoot camera set on video mode. I plan on looking around in town tomorrow for equipment better suited for this type of recording.

I'm guessing that I will need to document this?! Will work it up tonight!

Good Birding!
Chris Barrigar