Tower Grove Park was very birdy after the rain stopped Friday  morning.  The
warblers were very low and close so that great looks were  available.  I was
there till around 1 pm and hated to leave.  There  were two groups of visitors,
one from Springfield, MO and one from  Michigan.  The list of warblers we saw
and other birds of note  follows:

Golden-winged Warbler--very low feeding around the bubbler
Tennessee
Nashville
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Black-and-white
Am. Redstart
Prothonotary
Ovenbird--many
N. Waterthrush
Kentucky
Common yellowthroat
Hooded---also great looks very low and near the bubbler
Wilson's
Yellow-breasted Chat

Also seen:

Flycatchers--Great-crested, Least, Pee-wee
White-eyed Vireo
House Wren
many Gray Catbirds
Red-headed Woodpeckers

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

favorites at AOL Food.

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]