At noon today I took a BDR from errands in Washington to check out the
mudflats at Voelkerding Slough west of Dutzow in southern Warren
County--shorebird bonanza!
MARBLED GODWIT - 6
Greater Yellowlegs 40-50
Lesser Yellowlegs  25-30
Long-billed Dowitcher - 3
White-rumped Sandpiper - 7
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 12
Pectoral Sandpiper - 15
Wilson's Phalarope - 5
Solitary Sandpiper - 2
Killdeer - 1

All these birds were on the flats on the east side of the slough. the
property to the west and north of the white poles is part of the Voelkerding
Slough wetland reserve.
I didn't have time to bird the entire area as I usually do but did see/hear
prothonotary warblers, rose-breasted grosbeak, yellow-throated vireo,
white-eyed vireo, gnatcatcher, am. redstart, common yellowthroat, and many
indigo buntings.
Good birding!
DRH
Donald R. Hays
Union, Missouri

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]