Painted Buntings have apparently been breeding around Clinton Lake,
Lawrence, KS. I saw a territorial male on the west side of the lake on June,
9, 2006, and another was reported near the outlet channel on the east side
of the lake that same year. One or more other Painted Buntings showed up in
a few east central Kansas blocks in the Kansas atlas.

Clinton lake is 50-60 miles from St, Joseph as the bunting flies.

I believe that Painted Bunting also bred at Shawnee Mission Park, KS, near
Kansas City in the early seventies or late sixties.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]