Some of what you are looking for can be found in a good field guide such as
Sibley, National Geographic, or Peterson. A good basic intro to some terms
can also be found in Sibley's Birding Basics, or another introductory
birding book.

As with any specialized field, you would just have to get access to an
ornithology textbook for a lot of the terminology. Good ones that are in
print include the textbook by Frank B. Gill, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Handbook of Bird Biology, or the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Ornithology.
There are other good ones, but these should be generally accessible in
libraries or bookstores.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau