I walked down the Lost Valley Hiking Trail this morning.  While looking for a singing Cerulean Warbler, I found my first Blackburnian of the year.  Other notable birds included Scarlet Tanager, Baltimore Oriole, Yellow-breasted Chat, Worm-eating Warbler, and White-eyed, Red-eyed, and Warbling Vireo.  The water is still very high at REDA and there are few birds besides Pelicans, Cormorants, and Coots.  However, while I was scanning Heron Pond an American Bittern flew across the pond and landed in the reads at the near end.  It promptly vanished among the vegetation and did not reappear.
David Becher
Saint Louis
Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]