Sleeping in this morning, I was awakened by our resident Mocker belting away it chorus of phrases just outside our bedroom window.

As I lay there listening, I was able to identify several renditions of its phrases taken from other species: Carolina Chickadee, Bluejay, White-eyed Vireo among its normal repeated Chat-like phrases all heard by this individual before. Then it surprised me with two new ones: a fabulous dead-on Killdeer imitation and then the "pick-a-tuck" of the Summer Tanager.

These guys are known to mimic car alarms in metropolitan areas . . . I marvel at there vocal skills, and yes, I understand that they aren't even considered masters of the art of mimicry.

Just thought I'd share.

Good Birding to all!
Chris Barrigar

Make i'm yours.  Create a custom banner to support your cause.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Contribute/Default.aspx?source=TXT_TAGHM_MSN_Make_IM_Yours
Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]