Larry Lade and I did some birding around the area today. We spent most of our time at Pershing SP, Linn Co. on the boardwalk, did a quick drive through Swan LakeNWR Chariton Co., and then a later drive over to Thompson River Wetland, Livingston Co. We ended up with 111 species on a chilly, sometimes blustery March -like day. Not alot of any one group of birds, - few shorebirds, nine Warblers, four Vireos - but a little bit of everything. Quite a few FOY birds for both of us, - Summer Tanager, Baltimore Oriole, Dickcissel, etc.

   Am. Avocet and Peregrine at SWLNWR
   Another Peregrine at TRW
   Wood, Swainson's, and 3 - 4 Gray-cheeked Thrush at PSP
   Half a dozen or more Northern Waterthrush PSP
   Pileated Woodpecker and Northern Flickers nesting in same tree PSP
   Indigo Buntings and Purple Finch my feeders Chilli

   Later, Steve Kinder

ASM Spring Meeting ... May 2, 3, & 4, 2008 at Chillicothe, MO