Birded around Platte county awhile Friday and this morning. Had to take the
birders direct route home this morning and stop by Bean Lake again. Just found
computer time to post. Lots of FOY birds for me. Ah, the Spring birding
experience is like no other...

^^Platte Falls CA Highlights  04/25 and 04/26^^

Warbling Vireo  and Red-eyed Vireo
House Wren
Sedge Wren--1, possibly 2 @ archery range parking lot
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Swainson's Thrush

Orange-crowned Warbler
Northern Parula
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler—EVERYWHERE I looked it seemed!
Yellow-throated Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Prothonotary Warbler
Louisiana Waterthrush
Common Yellowthroat
Eastern Towhee
Chipping, Field, Lark Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, & White-crowned
Sparrows
Indigo Bunting

^^Bean Lake Highlights—Swamp Rd/S. Shore Dr. 04/25 &  04/26 ^^

American White Pelican--25 both days
Double-crested Cormorant--4  Friday
Cattle Egret--8; in the grass near car and later in water near the Willets &
gulls on Friday; saw 2 this morning

*Willet—90 (I counted 3 different times) on Friday; 56 on Saturday morning.
What a sight to see their wing pattern when flock took off and returned, as it
did several times.

Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Semipalmated, Least & Baird’s Sandpipers –
Friday
Long-billed Dowitcher—1 hanging with the big flock of Willets (still there this
morning)
Wilson's Phalarope—8 of them  (still there this morning)
Franklin's Gull  & Ring-billed Gull
Eastern Kingbird
American Pipit—3 (Westside Drive)
Yellow-rumped Warbler –ALL OVER THE PLACE; in trees; in stubble field; on
tree trunk facing upward.
Clay-colored Sparrow—3; great looks; along Swamp Rd
Lark & Savannah Sparrows all over, coupla Harris’s Sparrows.
*Yellow-headed Blackbird—1 female

Stopped by Weatherby Lake dam in Parkville before going to kids’ talent show
Friday and found 2 Horned Grebes there.

Happy late-April Birding!
Laura Gilchrist
Kansas City, MO