Adrian and I scoped Smithville Lake from the north end of the dam late
Tuesday afternoon. I only saw about five RING-BILLED GULLS on the main
body of the lake (two were sitting over at Little Platte Marina when I
drove through there at 4:30). There were quite a few FORSTER'S TERNS
scattered about, and 12 AMERICAN AVOCETS were paddling in deep water
with about 50 FRANKLIN'S GULLS and about 10 BONAPARTE'S GULLS.

My first EASTERN KINGBIRD of the season was at Little Platte Park. And
my first SPOTTED SANDPIPER this year was working the shoreline north
of the dam. An OSPREY was still patrolling the lake.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney MO (Clay Co.)

ASM Spring Meeting ... May 2, 3, & 4, 2008 at Chillicothe, MO