Too add a species to David's list from the BK Leach rail survey Saturday
evening, Nancy, Tom Creley and I heard what we believe to be three Yellow
Rails.   This was along the levee that runs due west from the north parking
lot of the Bittern Basin section.   The calls that responded to the CD calls
were heard near the far end of that stretch of levee.   The clicking noises
could have been King Rails, but timing of the calls after the playing of the
call from the CD,  as well as the character of the calls suggested Yellow
rather than King.

We had pretty good light plus swallows perched on wires and were able to
identify Tree Swallows (90+% of the flock), Barn Swallows and Northern
Rough-wing Swallows.   We also had lots of marsh wrens along the above
mentioned stretch of levee.

John

John Solodar
University City