Hi Chris,

About a year ago, there was an article on the internet relative
a study that had been done, and it was determined that Mockingbirds
had actually developed/use syntax.

I book marked the article and went back to look at it again, but all I
got
was a 404 Error (Not a lot of syntax in that message). <G>

Somebody on the list may know more about that.

When I was a kid (mid-1950's) my family moved from Webster Groves
to Chesterfield, which was nothing but fields and woods. St. Louisans
over 45 may recall that.

I remember being awakened on full-moon nights by several Mockingbirds
singing, and the smell of Honeysuckle and fresh cut alfalfa blowing
through
the windows. What more could a little kid ask for?

To this day, their "mocking" fascinates me, also.

And, their "antics" are fun to watch, too.

John Hitzeman
Troy, MO