Belated post for Shaw Nature Reserve for 4/21/08.  There's a Hooded Warbler
hanging out near the east bridge over Brush Creek on the Trail House Loop.
The bird sang incessantly for more than five minutes until I finally spotted
it about halfway between the sawmill turn-off and the bridge in the
honeysuckle tangles.  I also had most of the warblers and vireos posted by
Connie Alwood for the Saturday group.  What great views of Nashville,
Yellow-throated and Prothonotary Warblers from the narrow path on the bluff
above the Meramec Bottoms natural area.  Also Had Palm Warbler, numerous
YRWAs a scarlet tanager, fish crow, broad winged hawk.
This morning at Voelkerding Slough in Warren County, tons (well ounces, at
least) of Prothonotary Warblers, Yellow-throated Vireos, a beautiful long
look at a Northern Waterthrush, Greater and lesser Yellowlegs and a solitary
Solitary sandpiper.
By the way, I heartily recommend that everyone read John Janovy's
"Yellowlegs."
Good birding!
DRH

Donald R. Hays
Union, Missouri

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]