Yesterday, while bicycling along the Lake, I saw what I suppose was a Caspian Tern .  It was resting on the beach area with some gulls.  When I stopped to get a look at it with my binoculars, it flew off and did not return.  My first thought when I saw it was, "Oh, a Royal Tern!"  since I am used to seeing many of them in Florida.  But then I realized that it was probably a Caspian, but I never did get a better look.  I will keep my eyes open on future bike trips...

Tina Weyman
St. Louis County

ASM Spring Meeting ... May 2, 3, & 4, 2008 at Chillicothe, MO