I mentioned to Margy last week I don't usually post unless I see something out
of the ordinary.  She encouraged me to post anyway.

I have birders coming from Canada later in the week so I'm out scouting
the "good birds" today. tomorrow and Wednesday.  It dawned on me that I
really rely heavily on all the local postings and that regardless what people are
seeing, I'm interested.  Now I'm especially interested in what people are
seeing and where they are seeing it since I have company coming and I only
have an hour or so to bird until company arrives.

So, I'll go ahead and start posting, even if was just a pleasant day out of the
office.

Made a fairly quick trip down the Chubb Trail to the Castlewood Loop and back
this morning about 8 am.  With the exception of lots of vocalizing W E Vireos
(and some of the other common species like Titmice & Cardinals), it was fairly
quiet.

Best birds seen: Kentucky Warbler (several), a Turkey (dashing down the trail
like it knew that Turkey Season has just started), a Summer Tanager and Red-
headed Woodpecker.

I heard Yellow-throated Warblers and a couple of Parulas, but the only other
warbler I saw was a Yellow-Rumped.  Did not come across any Worm-eating
Warblers.

Total species seen and heard - 34 (most were all of the common birds one
expects)

Marc Lund
St. Louis County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/