What a letdown to learn that "Birding in the Buff" means w/o binoculars. I
had a mental picture of several unclothed birders focusing their bins on
some feathered object while all around non-birders were watching THEM with
binoculars.

That gives me an idea. How about persuading Swarovski to sponsor au natural
field trips for birders in the 16-30 age range? It would be a great way to
attract attention to our sport, and it very well might open a  new market
for their optics.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/